If you fell a victim of a hangover in the morning, getting out of bed seems more difficult than getting out of a 10-meter pit. Student wisdom says: eat a piece of cold pizza or a sandwich with fat bacon. But it is better to entrust your treatment from a hangover to science – she knows what products will help you to recover quickly, and which ones will make you even more sorry for yesterday’s party.
Typical hangover symptoms are nausea, hypersensitivity to light, headache, muscle aches, diarrhea and motor disorders. All of this is due to the changed chemical composition in the body and poisoning by toxins. The theme of a hangover (and how to avoid it) has not been thoroughly studied, therefore people have long invented their own methods of treatment. And although no food or drink can completely relieve you of the symptoms, it is quite possible to weaken them. To soften the hangover will help fructose, vitamins, amino acids and minerals – they break down toxins and reduce the negative reactions of the body to alcohol.
Wake up and sing: how to win a hangover
Drinks that will help:
- Water. This life elixir should be the first on your list if your head breaks up in the morning. Alcohol is a diuretic, i.e. it removes moisture from the body. When the water is depleted, the body begins to use all the remaining resources, making no exceptions even for the brain, and – hello, headache! It is advisable to drink H20 even before going to bed to soften the morning hangover, but do not deny yourself in water and on waking.
- Sports drinks and coconut water. Sweet sports drinks can turn out more harm than good for exercise, but with a hangover they really will save. Gatorade and any other sports drink will instantly deliver the necessary liquid and electrolytes to the body. An excellent tool – a jar of coconut water, which contains 5 electrolytes, characteristic of human blood, there are only 2 sports drinks.
- Tea with ginger and peppermint. Studies show that ginger tea successfully fights with nausea, while tea with peppermint (engaged in saving pregnant women) reduces stomach pain and nausea.
- Fruit juice. A glass of apple or cranberry juice will help you begin the process of returning to life. Fructose will instantly give you a charge of energy, accelerate metabolism and try to remove toxins. In addition, the juice contains vitamins and enough fluids to cope with dehydration.
- Brine. This acidic liquid with vinegar, salt and water will increase the content of fluid and electrolytes in the body. Drink 50 ml of brine before you go to the bar, and another 50 in the morning.
Food that will help:
- Bananas, kiwi, spinach. These bright foods are filled with potassium – an important electrolyte, the level of which is reduced because of the ability of alcohol to remove fluid from the body. In the morning, do not pull on the salad? Mix these fruits with yogurt and get anti-hangover smoothies.
- Eggs. This traditional morning product is not in vain popular: it contains amino acids such as cysteine and taurine. Taurine accelerates the work of the liver, protecting it from the harmful effects of alcohol. Cysteine, in turn, breaks the aldehyde of acetic acid – an unpleasant chemical that remains after the digestion of the liver with ethyl alcohol.
- Chicken soup. Not the most popular, but effective means for a hangover. A plate of chicken soup will restore the content of salt and liquid, and cysteine, contained in chicken and vegetables will give the liver the necessary energy.
- Miso soup. Sushi is the last thing that pulls people during a hangover, but in Japanese cuisine there is still such a “medicine”. Like chicken soup, miso soup is an excellent morning remedy to regain lost fluid, restore salt level and normalize digestion.
- Crackers or toast with honey. Whole-grain crackers and toasts with their simple carbohydrates will raise the level of sugar in the blood, without upsetting the stomach. Add a little honey, full of fructose, to speed up the process of splitting alcohol.
- Oatmeal. A plate of hot oatmeal guarantees your body the charge of such useful substances as vitamins B, calcium, magnesium and iron. Oatmeal will help neutralize acids and increase the level of sugar – and this is an instant charge of energy.
- Tomatoes. Tomato juice instead of “Bloody Mary”: it is full of lycopene, an antioxidant that reduces inflammation, and fructose, which stretches the “helping hand” of your liver.
The whole complex of nutrients from these products you can get from our drug Nutranekst AlkoCair. Instead of a dozen products, it’s enough to take one pill and you’ll forget about the hangover forever.