If you fell a victim of a hangover in the morning, getting out of bed seems more difficult than getting out of a 10-meter pit. Student wisdom says: eat a piece of cold pizza or a sandwich with fat bacon. But it is better to entrust your treatment from a hangover to science – she knows what products will help you to recover quickly, and which ones will make you even more sorry for yesterday’s party.
Typical hangover symptoms are nausea, hypersensitivity to light, headache, muscle aches, diarrhea and motor disorders. All of this is due to the changed chemical composition in the body and poisoning by toxins. The theme of a hangover (and how to avoid it) has not been thoroughly studied, therefore people have long invented their own methods of treatment. And although no food or drink can completely relieve you of the symptoms, it is quite possible to weaken them. To soften the hangover will help fructose, vitamins, amino acids and minerals – they break down toxins and reduce the negative reactions of the body to alcohol.
Wake up and sing: how to win a hangover
Drinks that will help:
- Water. This life elixir should be the first on your list if your head breaks up in the morning. Alcohol is a diuretic, i.e. it removes moisture from the body. When the water is depleted, the body begins to use all the remaining resources, making no exceptions even for the brain, and – hello, headache! It is advisable to drink H20 even before going to bed to soften the morning hangover, but do not deny yourself in water and on waking.
- Sports drinks and coconut water. Sweet sports drinks can turn out more harm than good for exercise, but with a hangover they really will save. Gatorade and any other sports drink will instantly deliver the necessary liquid and electrolytes to the body. An excellent tool – a jar of coconut water, which contains 5 electrolytes, characteristic of human blood, there are only 2 sports drinks.
- Tea with ginger and peppermint. Studies show that ginger tea successfully fights with nausea, while tea with peppermint (engaged in saving pregnant women) reduces stomach pain and nausea.
- Fruit juice. A glass of apple or cranberry juice will help you begin the process of returning to life. Fructose will instantly give you a charge of energy, accelerate metabolism and try to remove toxins. In addition, the juice contains vitamins and enough fluids to cope with dehydration.
- Brine. This acidic liquid with vinegar, salt and water will increase the content of fluid and electrolytes in the body. Drink 50 ml of brine before you go to the bar, and another 50 in the morning.
Food that will help:
- Bananas, kiwi, spinach. These bright foods are filled with potassium – an important electrolyte, the level of which is reduced because of the ability of alcohol to remove fluid from the body. In the morning, do not pull on the salad? Mix these fruits with yogurt and get anti-hangover smoothies.
- Eggs. This traditional morning product is not in vain popular: it contains amino acids such as cysteine and taurine. Taurine accelerates the work of the liver, protecting it from the harmful effects of alcohol. Cysteine, in turn, breaks the aldehyde of acetic acid – an unpleasant chemical that remains after the digestion of the liver with ethyl alcohol.
- Chicken soup. Not the most popular, but effective means for a hangover. A plate of chicken soup will restore the content of salt and liquid, and cysteine, contained in chicken and vegetables will give the liver the necessary energy.
- Miso soup. Sushi is the last thing that pulls people during a hangover, but in Japanese cuisine there is still such a “medicine”. Like chicken soup, miso soup is an excellent morning remedy to regain lost fluid, restore salt level and normalize digestion.
- Crackers or toast with honey. Whole-grain crackers and toasts with their simple carbohydrates will raise the level of sugar in the blood, without upsetting the stomach. Add a little honey, full of fructose, to speed up the process of splitting alcohol.
- Oatmeal. A plate of hot oatmeal guarantees your body the charge of such useful substances as vitamins B, calcium, magnesium and iron. Oatmeal will help neutralize acids and increase the level of sugar – and this is an instant charge of energy.
- Tomatoes. Tomato juice instead of “Bloody Mary”: it is full of lycopene, an antioxidant that reduces inflammation, and fructose, which stretches the “helping hand” of your liver.
The whole complex of nutrients from these products you can get from our drug Nutranekst AlkoCair. Instead of a dozen products, it’s enough to take one pill and you’ll forget about the hangover forever.
Hard work, problems with relatives, disobedient children and unreasonable dogs – the life of a modern person is full of stress. But nature itself provides a tool to counter nervous tension. This exercise and proper nutrition. There are a number of products that are particularly recommended to include in a diet under stress. And many would like to know what this list consists of.
Many are inclined to intuitively seize adversities with sweet fragrant chocolate. It turns out that science is on their side. Chocolate is really considered a good antidepressant. Studies have shown that it reduces the level of stress hormones – cortisol and catecholamines. Subjects under severe stress after two weeks of drinking bitter chocolate felt an improvement. The daily norm was at the experiment of 40 g. It is important that the chocolate be organic and contain as little sugar as possible.
One of the physiological symptoms of stress is hypertension. The abundance of alpha-linolenic acid in walnuts helps to stabilize blood pressure. Polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are rich in walnuts, are also useful for normal blood circulation and resistance of the cardiovascular system to stress.
Garlic lowers the level of cortisol, preventing the development of a chain reaction of the body to stress. Contained in garlic, allicin also strengthens the cardiovascular system, normalizes blood pressure and cholesterol.
Fresh or dried, figs are a source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It is also a supplier of potassium, calcium and magnesium, necessary for normal blood pressure and muscle function. Due to these properties, figs are struggling with oxidative stress, which arises from improper nutrition, smoking and environmental pollution.
This groats is a source of fiber and gives a feeling of satiety for a long time. Oatmeal contains complex carbohydrates, they raise the level of serotonin, and, consequently, the mood.
The favorite of autumn – pumpkin seeds – they have an abundance of omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, zinc and potassium. And also more phenols, which act as antioxidants. These substances protect against pressure surges and reduce oxidative stress.
The dark green leafy vegetable is saturated with essential fat-soluble vitamins (A, C, E and K) and minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium. Chard contains a class of antioxidants, known as betalains. This is protection against two birds with the stress associated with it – high blood sugar and hypertension.
In addition to the above advantages, the marine fauna contains a lot of iodine, which is necessary for the thyroid gland to produce hormones. Thus, seaweed, normalize the hormonal balance and enhance resistance to stress.
For centuries, the aroma of citrus was used to relieve tension. In addition to the smell, you need to remember the large amount of ascorbic acid in oranges and grapefruits. In one study, children with obesity, suffering from psychological stress, were given a sufficient amount of citrus. At the end of the experiment, their blood pressure was no worse than that of thin children who did not experience stress.
Who would have thought that to remove the effects of stress can not be with the help of drugs, but only by making adjustments to their diet. Proper food is a healthy and strong psyche, and no problems can shake the strength of the body.
The whole complex of nutrients from these products you can get from our drug Nutranext StressCare. Instead of a dozen products, it is enough to take one tablet and your nerves will be in order.
They are preferably fresh. Useful fiber and the ability of fruit to wash out toxins, as well as a shock dose of vitamins – an indispensable benefit for the liver and the whole body. The most useful for the liver are apples (liver cleaning), limes and lemons (stimulation of the liver), avocado (contains antioxidant glutathione, which blocks the action of many carcinogens), grapefruit (high content of vitamin C and antioxidants).
Fresh vegetables act on the liver on the same principle as fruits. Carrots and cabbages are best for cleaning (they contain a lot of beta-carotene and flavonoids, which improves the overall functioning of the liver), tomatoes and cucumbers (wash out toxins), broccoli and cauliflower (contain a large number of glucosinolates – sulfur-containing compounds that help get rid of carcinogens and toxins).
Ideal for the liver is the olive oil of cold pressed, then go corn, linseed and sunflower. The option for courageous ones is a few spoonfuls of oil on an empty stomach, but for a good liver function, it is sufficient to add reasonable oils to the diet. Oils have choleretic and strengthening effect.
Whole grains are useful not only for the intestines. The general improvement in metabolism with their help has a beneficial effect on the liver. Ideal in this case are brown rice, oats and bran.
Nuts are considered quite heavy food for the liver, but the exception is the walnut. The high content of arginine in them contributes to a rapid decrease in the amount of toxins. To stop the poisoning conditions, a medical preparation containing arginine is often used, in walnuts this amino acid is contained in its pure form. In addition, walnuts are rich in fatty acids, which are needed by the liver to maintain normal functioning.
Irreplaceable for the liver and leafy green vegetables. Rucola, spinach, chicory perfectly neutralize heavy metal compounds that can accumulate in the liver and damage its cells. The compounds that are contained in the greens regulate the outflow of bile and, consequently, the release of harmful substances. Just a magic spice for the liver is garlic, because it contains allicin and selenium – microelements, which, according to dieticians, are actively involved in the purification of the liver.
Fish, meat, dairy products
Foods with high protein content should also be included in the diet, but the choice must be approached with caution. Seafood and fish can contain an increased amount of mercury, which is completely unacceptable for healthy liver function. Fish, in which the mercury content is low, is trout, cod, pike perch, carp. For meat lovers, it is better to give preference to low-fat diet – turkey and veal. Of dairy products are most useful for the liver kefir and not too fat cottage cheese.
Is it really useful for the liver to sweets? Yes, one sweet brings definite benefits – it’s honey. Experts advise to use it two to three times a day for a teaspoon 30-40 minutes before eating. Glucose, fructose and other components of honey activate the processes of bile production and recovery of damaged liver cells.
The whole complex of useful substances from these products you can get from our drug Nutranext GepaKeyr. Instead of a dozen products, it is enough to take one tablet and for many years you will forget about problems with the liver.
In order not to get sick, besides hardening, charging and good sleep, one more preventive measure is necessary – proper nutrition.
I’ll start with the simplest, affordable and cheapest “medicine” – ordinary drinking water, “says our permanent expert, a member of the National Association of Dietitians and nutritiologists Lyudmila Denisenko. – Everyone knows that water is an indispensable requirement for the normal course of metabolic processes in humans. Water not only dissolves, but also displays all kinds of toxins from our body, but when dehydrating the body, our chances of catching a cold increase. In addition, water retains the normal secretion of the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract, removes dry lips. So do not forget to drink more plain water, even when you are trying to keep warm with tea or coffee. All drinks with caffeine, as well as herbal teas lead to cellular water, exacerbating dehydration. So, give up tea? Of course not! Just for every 100 grams of tea, drink an additional 150 g of water. Well, do not forget about the right products. I will list the main ones.
- Useful teas. These are the old proven “grandmother’s” methods – tea with kalina, raspberry, currant, lemon, honey, and “modern”, for example, ginger tea. It has long been known for its sweating properties and the ability to enhance immunity, and recent studies have revealed its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory “talents.”
To get the most out of ginger, I propose a tea recipe: grate 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger root. Pour it with hot water, but not with steep boiling water, and cover with a lid. Allow the mixture to stand for 15 minutes. Add a slice of lemon, honey – just a “snack”!
- Natural bee honey. It is best to combine it with tea and lemon. In this case honey should not be added directly to hot tea, because at the same time a significant part of biologically active substances lose their properties. Honey can be eaten on a slice of lemon, apple or with cottage cheese.
- “Live yogurt”, sour-milk products. Biohogards with lacto- and bifidobacteria not only contribute to maintaining a constant weight, but also “responsible” for the health of the gastrointestinal tract and a strong immune system. Many studies conducted by American and European scientists show that probiotics reduce influenza symptoms: temperature, coughing and stuffy nose in children. Believe that our “proven” kefir and yogurt will hardly yield to the yoghurts, and considering that 90 percent of the products on our market are not “live” yogurts, kefir with yogurt with short shelf life is an obvious favorite!
- Porridge from whole grains. It would seem, and where is the porridge? But our ancestors were absolutely right, porridge is an excellent source of vitamins and trace elements, especially selenium and zinc. Modern experts argue that eating high-fiber cereal products can also increase the body’s resistance. In the list of 9 types of products published recently by the MSNBC US news site, sweet potatoes, oatmeal and barley are included as effective anti-influenza products. I would also add buckwheat. Simply pour the grains slightly with salted boiling water overnight in a thermos, in the morning add milk and a little butter, dried fruit or fresh fruit to taste.
- Fruit. To effectively fight the flu, doctors propose daily to lean on fruits and vegetables that contain the greatest amount of vitamins, minerals, fiber and mainly phytonutrients. Unconditional leaders here are citrus fruits, and first of all lemons, mandarins and oranges. In one orange, for example, there is a daily norm of vitamin C, also citrus fruits are rich in flavonoids, which enhance the antioxidant effect of this vitamin. Red tomatoes, pomegranates, grapefruits, as well as red cabbage and cranberries are especially useful for immunity and this is in addition to the fact that such a delicious set serves as a heart protection, thanks to the high content of lycopene and ellagic acid. Carrots and pumpkins also strengthen immunity, thanks to elements such as beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, lutein, quercetin and other substances that can be converted to vitamin A. Quercetin is one of the flavonoids (substances that give fruits and vegetables a characteristic color) is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and, according to recent studies, slows down the action of the influenza virus and helps the body to develop antibodies. Quercetin is found especially in large quantities in broccoli, apples, tomatoes and onions and in all bright vegetables and fruits (the more intense the color, the better).
- Sauerkraut. One of the most affordable and inexpensive sources of ascorbic acid. And in combination with green or onions and sunflower oil of cold pressing – this is generally a “vitamin bomb”!
- Garlic. It contains a natural antibiotic called allicin, which according to some studies helps prevent complications after a cold and flu. The use of just one clove of garlic a day already has the necessary preventive and antiseptic effects. In addition to garlic, the onion, horseradish, dill, wild garlic, etc. are also extremely rich in phytoncides. They are useful not only as a means of increasing the body’s resistance and helpers for the immune system, but also for preventing complications of influenza.
One of the most effective and inexpensive prophylactic agents is lard with garlic. There is such a recipe: in a glass of yogurt add 3 crushed chives and drink before meals.
- Beef. A good source of protein, iron, zinc and selenium, helping your body’s cells cope with any disease. In winter, it is good to combine beef with garlic and raw vegetables, which increases the effectiveness of these products in the fight against the common cold.
- Chicken broth and soup on chicken broth. They raise the anti-infectious functions of white bodies in the blood. The broth contains almost the entire set of amino acids necessary to block inflammatory cells and suppress developing infection. The broth reduces the amount of mucus in the nasopharynx and promotes a better cough, has a tonic effect and allows you to quickly get back on your feet after ailment. True, there will be more health benefits if there is not a pure broth, but chicken soup with vegetables.
- Foods rich in vitamin D. This is salmon, mackerel, sardines, milk and vegetable oils (linseed, sunflower, pumpkin). Now, many experts agree that any flu can be overcome with the help of vitamin D. In winter, its level in the body drops sharply due to lack of sunlight, so you need to use it with food. If you cook fish, it is very important not to fry it in oil and not to boil in a lot of water, because in this way the lion’s share of vitamin D is destroyed, and does not enter the body. The best methods of cooking are quenching in a small amount of liquid and steaming.
Recipes for immunity. Products rich in selenium, promote the formation of antiviral cells in the blood, help to strengthen immunity. Among the products rich in selenium, besides cereals, garlic and orange, sea fish and seafood, mushrooms, beets and carrots. An excellent recipe: a glass of apple-carrot-beet juice (ratio 2: 2: 1) with a spoon of vegetable oil in the morning. Very useful and this mix: apple and tomato juice for 0.5 cup, mix well and add 3-4 st. l. juice of beet and 1 tbsp. lemon juice.
The whole complex of nutrients from these products you can get from our drug Nutranex ImmuCare. Instead of a dozen products, it is enough to take one tablet and for many years you will forget about the common cold.
Blueberries contain powerful antioxidants polyphenols. They protect the blood vessels from damage caused by inflammation. And anthocyanins help prevent high blood pressure.
- Olive oil
Monounsaturated fats, rich in vegetable oils, including extra virgin olive oil, protect the heart and the cardiovascular system
Almonds, walnuts and macadamia contain many vitamins, minerals, protein and healthy fats. These fats raise the level of good cholesterol, and the “bad” cholesterol is transferred from the blood vessels to the liver, where they are destroyed. Nuts also contain vitamin E, which protects the cells of the vessels damaged by free radicals.
- Oily fish living in cold water
Products useful for the heart and blood vessels: salmon, mackerel, anchovies, herring, trout, sardines are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. They protect the heart, reduce cholesterol and blood pressure, relieve inflammation, slow the formation of plaques in the arteries.
- Dark green leafy vegetables
Cail, spinach and other dark greens contain carotenoids, folic acid, magnesium, potassium and calcium. Electrolytes normalize high blood pressure, carotenoids and other nutrients protect the walls of blood vessels from oxidative damage, and folic acid helps to reduce the level of homocysteine, which damages the cardiovascular system.
- Dark chocolate
The epicatechin contained in cocoa increases the concentration of nitric oxide – a key to the health of the blood vessels of the joint, helping to regulate blood pressure. Choose only dark chocolate with a cocoa content of at least 70%.
A list of healthy foods that improve heart function continues avocados, rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and vitamin E. Add it to the salad to increase the absorption of carotenoids (such as spinach, tomatoes, carrots, peppers) that also protect the heart.
- Chia and flax seeds
They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, alpha-linolenic acid, minerals, soluble and insoluble fibers.
By preventing blood clots, garlic slows the development of atherosclerosis and lowers blood pressure. And numerous natural antioxidants help protect the heart and blood vessels.
Tomatoes contain carotenoids and a powerful antioxidant lycopene. It lowers blood pressure and the level of “bad” cholesterol, thereby protecting the heart and blood vessels.
The whole complex of useful substances from these products you can get from our drug Nutranext CardiacCare. Instead of a dozen products, it is enough to take one pill and for many years you will forget about heart problems.